Monday, August 11, 2008

Introducing Maggie Amelia Rose!!

I'm finally able to post! Our sweet baby girl is already 9 days old and has captured the hearts of all of us. The days in the hospital are still a blur of tears, frustration, pain and joy, and I think it'll be awhile before I'm able to piece it all together and put into words. So, I'll just stick to the basics:

She was born at 11:28 a.m. (via repeat c-section) and weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces. She was 17.5" long and looked JUST like Piper.

Now that we're home, we're getting our groove and she's doing well with feeding/sleeping. She goes about 3 hours between feedings so things are going pretty well. My mom ROCKS and has been at our place everyday since we've been home, and will be here until the end of the week. It should be interesting being home with both girls all day but I'm feeling good enough physically that I don't think it'll be a problem. The recovery from the c-section has been SO much better this time around, and I'm assuming that's because I'm basically forced to be up and about. I can't just lay in bed all day.

Time for pictures!











6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli - yay!!!! So excited to see your first post-Maggie post. She is just gorgeous and amazing - and so are you! You sound fabulous - you're my new role model! And by the way thank you soooooo much for the text on my little guy's birthday - I was so touched that you thought of us during such an exciting time in your life!

Unknown said...

She is just plain beautiful!! Prayers that you guys have a smooth transition into a fmaily of four! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family! :)

Anonymous said...

She's so precious Kel! I'm glad you are recovering well and that you have an awesome Mom there helping you!
Congrats again! And we can't wait to meet Miss Maggie :)

T- said...

Simply beautiful! Congratulations.

Shana said...

Kelli! Congrats! I am so excited to finally see pics of beautiful little Maggie! You have a gorgeous family and I could not be any happier for you! You deserve all of this!!!! I love you tons!!! And Ill be checking back for more pics as Maggie grows and Piper gets the big sister role down to a science! xoxo

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com