Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Piper Update

I'm bummed to say that my sweet girl has officially been "diagnosed" with migraines. Now, really, isn't that the MOST depressing thing you've ever heard?? She's FOUR! Ugh. Of all the things I could have passed onto her, she gets THAT. I was pretty upset for a few days but now I'm just taking it one day at a time with her and watching her like a hawk. Sometimes she'll catch me and say "Mommy, I'm FINE!"

The thing with this child is that she doesn't complain and she won't tell me she has a headache until it's too late. From the time she says "Mommy, my forehead hurts" to when she's sound asleep, it's no more than an hour. No warning whatsoever - just "My head hurts", then she vomits, then she goes to sleep. I'm hoping I can convince her to tell us when she first feels a headache so we can give her Tylenol or something. I've talked it over with everyone who takes care of her and we're all aware of the warning signs now (slowing in activity, she gets very pale and quiet, and just looks odd) so hopefully we can catch them and deal with them before they're full blown.

Such a bummer. :(

2 comments:

Ta- said...

I started a new forum for all us FF girls who are getting sick of not being able to post links, and other helpful stuff. We are just getting started, and I would love to have you join us and help pass the word along!

I am working on getting us our own domain, but we are here for now:
http://www.opendoorjobs.com/forums/index.php

Katy Brown said...

poor piper!

glad you got it diagnosed early so you can hopefully side swipe the bad ones.

it is so hard to see your babies hurting!

xo

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com