Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm Still Here!

Sorry I went totally MIA for a bit there. The past few weeks have been insane and I haven't been at work much, which means no internet access. Since I last posted, I've had 5 NSTs and 3 ultrasounds - needless to say, I'm just a BIT sick of the hospital. My amniotic fluid is the reason behind all the testing and although it's "very" borderline, we're still hanging in there. As of last Tuesday's in depth growth scan, Miss Maggie was estimated at 6 pounds, 10 ounces! That's my girl!

I had a few very dark days there - just feeling really, really low - but I pulled myself out of that funk and have started to focus all my energy on Maggie and getting her here safely. It hit me all of a sudden that I will NOT be pregnant forever (though some days it really does feel like I will be!) and that Maggie WILL be here no later than next Thursday. There *is* a light at the end of the tunnel!

I have another NST this afternoon at 1:00 and another u/s Saturday morning at 8:30 to check the AFI (amniotic fluid index) again so we shall see.

*****************************************************************
In MUCH happier news, I'm thrilled to congratulate the Brown Family on their new addition!!! Samantha Quinn Brown was born yesterday morning at 10:05 and weighed in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces! Congrats to Katy, Matt, Cooper & Madelyn!!! I can't wait to meet Sweet Sam!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Please keep us posted on your upcoming tests! I know everything is going to be just fine, but its nice to hear when you confirm it. :) I will be thinking of ALL of you.... xoxo

Unknown said...

Hang tough and you look beautiful!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com