Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yet Another Eventful Appointment

I had my 36 week appointment this morning, which was a good thing because I started feeling very "off" yesterday afternoon. Lots of pressure, lots of cramping, and horrible back pain. Because of all of that, I asked for an internal (not routine until 37 or 38 weeks). Well, lo and behold, I'm dilated 2cm and am 50% effaced. Along with that, I had protein in my urine (possible sign of Pre-Eclampsia) and *another* bladder infection. I'm now on another 5-day round of Macrobid and then on "suppression" until I deliver.

Because of the protein, I was sent to the hospital for an NST (non stress test). I was there for 2 hours and both Maggie and I did well. My BP has always been very low and today was no different; she somehow managed to fall off the radar a few times so the nurses had to readjust the monitor. One of them said "Boy, she's already a handful, huh?" Um, yeah, kinda. I was sent home with a jug to collect my urine for 24 hours, which I will then take back to the lab.

Ryan almost had a heart attack when I said "dilated" on the phone but honestly, in the grand scheme of the entire day, that wasn't even a blip and was never brought up again. I could be stuck there until the end so I won't be getting my hopes up. Oh, and when I was hooked up, I could feel what I thought were contractions but the doc comes in and says "I see you aren't having any contractions so that's good." I almost laughed myself off the bed. All I have to say it, to all you women who have experienced REAL contractions, you have my sympathy and love. These HURT - maybe I'm just a pansy? Ha ha.

While I'm not on bedrest, per se, I've been instructed to take it as easy as possible, keep my feet up and get plenty of rest. Tell that to my 4-year-old!

So, that's that. I will update as soon as I hear from my doc, which I hope will be Thursday-ish.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayers that Miss Maggie stays put for a few more weeks and that your body behaves itself! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I freaked out for a little while there!!! It sounds like everything is going ok, and that you are just waiting to hold Miss Maggie! Love all of you, and we miss you dearly. Can't wait to hold her myself!!

Shana said...

hi babe! i think its cute that you and maggie are petite! i cant wait to see the new addition to your already beautiful family! im always thinking of you!!! xoxo

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com