Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not Much to Report

As predicted, yesterday's appointment was pretty blah. I peed in a cup, got weighed (shocked to learn I haven't gained any weight), listened to LO's hearbeat (in the 150s) and was "yelled" at about my iron level. I always seem to teeter back and forth into anemia and it gets worse when I'm pregnant. So, I need to keep taking my iron pills (which I HATE) and up my red meat intake. Blah, blah, blah.

Piper came with me but seemed very unimpressed with the whole thing. We've listened to LO's heartbeat enough at home that she was all "What's the big deal?" She cracks me up. Dr. W has only seen Piper once since she was born and was really shocked to see how big she is! Dr. W also has a daughter named Piper so they had a lot to talk about.

My next appointment is March 12th and I will *hopefully* be able to schedule my BIG ultrasound then. My good friend Katy is due on the 9th and finds out on March 17th - I'm so excited for her and her family! Two of my other friends are due in June so this is turning out to be the summer of babies! Kristin and Laura are both due June 28th - Laura is having boy/girl twins and Kris found out today but is being coy in her emails. I'm pretty sure it's a boy... (Okay, I'm wrong. Looks like Aiden will be having a sister!!)

In other news, it seems Ryan's side of the family is having a rough go with sickness. Missy and her three boys are all suffering from Influenza B and it sounds like they've had a few really bad days. Poor Brennen had to go to the ER for fluids - he's only 2. :( If you could keep all of them in your thoughts, I'd really appreciate it!

Love,
Kelli

2 comments:

Katy Brown said...

You know other good sources of iron?

Baked potatoes with the skins, the skins are the iron rich part and super yum!

Pumpkin seeds, yum! You can find them in the nut aisle of the grocery store.

Beans - Kidney, lima, black, you name it! I mix three different kinds (whatever I have) in a baking dish, throw in an onion, some garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 375 until onions are fully cooked. YUM!

:)

There is always Iron Kids Bread! hahaha

ox kt

Kady said...

KT ~ you are always a fountain of information. Thanks, hon! xoxo

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com